|Long Jump and Triple Jump DVD
||Long Jump and Triple Jump Instant Download
|Long Jump Instant Download
||Triple Jump Instant Download
From basic approach mechanics to landing drills and everything in between, this video series has what you need to help long jumpers and triple jumpers succeed. Coach Travis Geopfert has developed a series of drills and teaching progressions that are easy to follow for coaches and athletes.
Travis Geopfert coaches at the University of Arkansas and leads the Razorback field events. Travis is recognized as one of the best coaches in the United States in the field events, his athletes have won SEC Championships, National Championships and competed in the Olympic Games.
In this video series, Coach Geopfert reviews the long jump and triple jump. The long jump video includes proper runway mechanics; take off drills, in air technique and landing exercises. The triple jump video includes a teaching progression to develop proper mechanics with a series of plyometric exercises and a simple technique breakdown of the event. A great jumps series with teaching progressions to help coaches at all levels.
Long Jump Coaching Tips
- Use only maximum controllable speed.
- Horizontal velocity is very important, but pointless if athlete is not strong enough to handle it.
- Ingraining good mechanics in the penultimate set-up is very important.
- Maintain horizontal velocity. Do not slow down at take-off.
- Practice jumps are used for technique, not for distance.
- Good technique will eventually create good distance.
- Practice jumps off of a box into the high jump pit for easy landing.